Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dealing with Twitter...

When I'm pushing the usefulness of Twitter, I'm often hear "Yeah, it sounds great, but I don't have the time to comb through lists of tweets." It wasn't until recently that Dr. Alec Couros (@courosa) of the University of Regina explained to me how method for using Google Reader to filter through what tweets and news articles to read.

The video below explains how Google Readers works. It's pretty simple:
1. Set up a Google Account
2. Identify the types of news you want and sources you want to search
3. Read



My method is simple. Google Reader collects information from the web on data based decision making, implementing Common Core, student data, student growth, and teacher evaluation. I've also asked Google Reader to comb Twitter for any tweet with the hashtag #teacherevaluation. My subscriptions look like this:


 From there, I browse and tweet! I've found Google Reader to be an excellent response to the question, "How do I find time for Twitter?"

What are other schools doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment